Equitas Implements Newgen's DMS Solutions
Equitas, a Chennai-based, microfinance company, has implemented a suite of DMS products to streamline existing processes. The DMS products were provided by Newgen Software Technologies Limited, a business process management (BPM) and enterprise document management company.
Equitas wanted to improve scalability and increase productivity by eliminating ‘document movement’, anywhere access, distributed capture and automatic data extraction. The company chose Newgen’s solutions to streamline its microfinance operations, so as to completely automate the system, minimize physical documents and reduce manpower requirements. Diwakar Nigam, MD, Newgen Software said, "The impact of the implementation of the Newgen solution has been two-fold - better coordination and greater efficiency."
According to Newgen, their solution has enabled better coordination of sales officers with customers and amongst stakeholders. This results in less discrepancies in membership application forms and enables data exchange with core application Banker Realm. "The deployment of the document management solution has allowed us to reduce storage requirements and increase data accuracy," said H Mahalingam, CTO, Equitas.
Mahalingam stated that implementing the solution has resulted in a ‘three-fold increase in productivity’. Equitas has over 700 employees and operates out of 90 locations.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs