Ericsson appoints Chris Houghton as new India head
Ericsson today announced the appointment of Chris Houghton as new Head in India, effective June 3, 2013. In this new role Chris will also take a seat on Ericsson’s Global Leadership Team, reporting to the Chairman of Region India and Senior Vice President Asia-Pacific, Mats H Olsson.
“With 25 years in Ericsson and with experience from operations in several countries and units Chris will be a key part of our continued support to our Indian customers. Together with the team in India he will work to extend our footprint in the region and assisting our customers in their work to capture value in a rapidly transforming telecoms market,” said Hans Vestberg, President and CEO, Ericsson.
Chris Houghton joined Ericsson UK, in December 2010 as Head of Customer Unit UK and Ireland and Managing Director, Ericsson UK, responsible for Ericsson’s business in the UK and Ireland. Chris has worked for Ericsson for twenty five years: prior to relocating to the UK he held senior positions in Japan, Hungary and Sweden.
“India is a strategic region for Ericsson. I am excited to lead the legacy of 110 years in India. Ericsson’s commitment to India’s telecom growth is steadfast,” said Chris Houghton.
Chris succeeds Fredrik Jejdling who, as previously announced, will assume the role as Head of Region sub-Saharan Africa.
Ericsson’s partnership with the Indian telecom industry started over 110 years ago; supplying manual switchboards to the Government in 1903. Since then, it has powered virtually every facet of telecommunications in India. Ericsson leads in Mobile broadband technologies, Managed Services and OSS/BSS in India. Ericsson has around 15,000 resources in India and offices across 25 locations. Ericsson has a well-established manufacturing unit, a Global Services organization and state of art Research & Development facilities located in various parts of India.
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Entrepreneurship Perceptions On Rise In India: GEM Report
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech