Ericsson India acquires minority stake in Novatium Solutions
Ericsson India, a provider of technology and services to telecom operators has acquired a minority stake in Novatium Solutions Private Limited, a company that builds affordable and simple computing solutions. This strategic investment in Novatium is intended to further strengthen Ericsson’s position in India and beyond. Novatium will continue to focus on India business and select overseas markets with Ericsson spearheading the overseas business.
Alok Singh, Chief Executive Officer, Novatium Solutions said, “This strategic relationship with Ericsson encompasses multi-fold innovations in the technology, consumer content and applications and telecom relationships space. It will therefore provide impetus to rollout Novatium services globally with market relevant offerings.”
According to Novatium the PC market in India (and globally) is moving into the next phase where more emphasis is being put on simplicity for the end-users. Connectivity is the being viewed as the key enabler for this trend. This is evident in the increased traction for cloud computing, virtualization and ‘PC-as-a-Service’. Novatium’s computing solution where people can simply ‘plug and compute’ has been introduced to the masses through its partnerships with Bharti (NSE: BHARTITELE), BSNL, MTNL (NSE: MTNL) and Tata Teleservices (NSE: TTML) along with successful pilot and deployments in other countries.
Novatium’s ‘Utility Computing as a Service’ provides an end-to-end online experience with emphasis on simple access to information, applications and entertainment content on internet, personalized education, VoIP integration and business productivity suite. Complexities associated with computers, softwares, anti-virus, and device drivers are managed by Novatium technical experts as part of service uptime guarantee for a small service fee. The subscribers can choose from plenty of price plans that are also bundled with broadband plans from telecom partners of Novatium.
- How Enterprises Can Thrive In A Risk-Laden World
- GoDaddy Bets Big On Indian SMB, E-Commerce
- HDS Appoints Sanjay Agrawal As Director - Platforms And Solutions
- IT Industry Witnesses Dip In Hiring In April: Study
- Microsoft, TSSC To Develop Skills In India's Telecom Sector
- New GST Rate Disappoints Telcos, Phone Makers
- Why WannaCry Attack Is A Wake-Up Call For India
- Convergence, Key To Biz Empowerment: CSS Corp CEO
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (May 15-20)
- Cloud Solutions Aid HelpAge India Enhance Elderly Care