Ericsson, Ozone To Supply, Manage RCom's Wi-Fi Network
Swedish telecom firm Ericsson said it will supply and manage the Wi-Fi network of Reliance Communications (RCom) along with Ozone Networks.
While the financial details of the deal was not disclosed, the partnership makes RCom the first mobile operator in India to join the Ozone Networks and Ericsson Small Cell as a Service carrier-grade Wi-Fi network.
Ericsson’s Small Cell as a Service network will enable RCOM to utilize the existing Ericsson/Ozone Wi-Fi infrastructure, and launch Wi-Fi services for a seamless end-user experience using the carrier-grade small cell network.
Ozone Networks has an agreement with Ericsson to provide a neutral carrier-grade Wi-Fi network across India using small cells.
Through its small cell as a service offering, Ericsson provides small cell technology, designs, plans as well as builds and optimises networks, and then manages them on behalf of its customers based on the long-term as service contracts.
“We are pleased to expand our partnership with RCom with this new managed services agreement. Ericsson supports our customer targets of new revenues and subscribers throughout indoor venues and hotspots with the small cell as a service model,” said Jean-Claude Geha, Head of Managed Services at Ericsson.
RCom President and Chief Commercial Officer Suresh Rangachar said the surge in mobile connectivity and smartphone uptake has led to immense growth in data usage and this partnership will enable it to meet the customer expectations in ultra-dense environments through data offload to a country-wide carrier-grade Wi-Fi network.
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Walmart-Flipkart Deal Faces Big Threats From Small Traders
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018