Ericsson Provides Managed Services To Bharti
Bharti Airtel has signed a managed services deal worth $1 B with tech major Ericsson. Under the terms of the agreement, Ericsson will facilitate expansion and upgrade of Bharti’s GSM/ GPRS network and provide managed services for a period of three years.
The deal, which requires Ericsson to manage design, development and deployment of Bharti’s network, is likely to assist the operator expand its reach across India, especially in the rural areas and further penetrate all 15 telecom circles.
The 15 circles include Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, UP (East) & (West), Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Karnataka, Kerala, Assam and North East.
Ericsson will also upgrade Airtel network with its mobile softswitch (Media Gateway and MSC Servers), which will allow Bharti to reduce its operational expenses and roll out new services in a cost-efficient way.
Ericsson already manages more than 70% of Bharti’s GSM/ GPRS network in 15 regions in India.
- Top Tech Brands With A Strong Focus On Their Own E-Commerce Website
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- Wipro bags its biggest-ever contract from Alight Solutions
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On