Ericsson to deploy 3G services for Vodafone in India
Vodafone Essar, cellular service providers has signed a deal with Ericsson to deploy 3G HSPA (high speed packet access) hardware, software and related service in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. Vodafone Essar will deploy HSPA technology in these handsets.
“India is now ready for 3G, and we are committed to offer similar high-quality 3G services to our Indian customers. Ericsson is one of the specialists in this area and we view this as a very strategic alliance, in order to deliver and maintain a high quality network which customers will expect from Vodafone,” commented Marten Pieters, MD, Vodafone Essar.
According to the agreement, Ericsson will provide supply the RAN (radio access network) system, network rollout services, tuning, spare parts and training services, along with the 3G common core platform and transmission over the coming months. The radio access network will include the multi-standard radio base station RBS 6000 and mobile soft-switching technology.
Gowton Achaibar, head of region, India, Ericsson, remarked that, “The contract further strengthens Ericsson’s position as the leading mobile communications supplier in the Indian market and demonstrates yet again our long-term strategic partnership with Vodafone Essar.”
According to Vodafone,the framework contract will be implemented through 2010 to 2012. Deliveries and deployment will soon begin. Acording to one of Ericsson’s reports, data traffic grew 280 percent globally during each of the last two years, and is forecast to grow 90 percent annually over the next five years.
- Vodafone Awards USD300-Mn 4G Contract To Ericsson: Report
- To Counter RJio, Vodafone-Idea Cellular in Merger Talks
- RJio Effect: Is Vodafone Seeking A Possible Merger?
- Will RJio Put Telcos Under ‘Tariff’ Pressure In 2017?
- Chennai Cyclone: Online Transactions, Connectivity Taken By Storm
- Vodafone Launches M-Pesa Pay To Boost Digital Payment
- 10 Ways AI Will Rule The World In 2017: Ericsson
- More Than 500 million 5G Subscriptions by 2022: Ericsson
- Post Trump Win, eBay Sacks 100 From India Product Team
- Huawei Bags Huge Deal From Vodafone India