Ericsson to deploy 3G services for Vodafone in India
Vodafone Essar, cellular service providers has signed a deal with Ericsson to deploy 3G HSPA (high speed packet access) hardware, software and related service in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. Vodafone Essar will deploy HSPA technology in these handsets.
“India is now ready for 3G, and we are committed to offer similar high-quality 3G services to our Indian customers. Ericsson is one of the specialists in this area and we view this as a very strategic alliance, in order to deliver and maintain a high quality network which customers will expect from Vodafone,” commented Marten Pieters, MD, Vodafone Essar.
According to the agreement, Ericsson will provide supply the RAN (radio access network) system, network rollout services, tuning, spare parts and training services, along with the 3G common core platform and transmission over the coming months. The radio access network will include the multi-standard radio base station RBS 6000 and mobile soft-switching technology.
Gowton Achaibar, head of region, India, Ericsson, remarked that, “The contract further strengthens Ericsson’s position as the leading mobile communications supplier in the Indian market and demonstrates yet again our long-term strategic partnership with Vodafone Essar.”
According to Vodafone,the framework contract will be implemented through 2010 to 2012. Deliveries and deployment will soon begin. Acording to one of Ericsson’s reports, data traffic grew 280 percent globally during each of the last two years, and is forecast to grow 90 percent annually over the next five years.
- Huawei Bags Huge Deal From Vodafone India
- RJio Rivals Now Chant The 'Jio Aur Jeene Do' Mantra
- Breaking Through The Hype of Reliance Jio 4G Offerings
- Ajay Sharma, Micromax’s Head Of Mobile, Tablet Biz Exits
- RJio, BSNL Sign Pact For Intra-Circle Roaming
- BSNL, Vodafone Sign Pan-India 2G Roaming Pact
- Will RJio’s ‘Datagiri’ Disrupt Telecom Market In India?
- Now Aadhar Card And Finger Print Can Get You A Vodafone Connection
- Vodafone, IBM Sign 5-Year Contract To Boost Customer Engagement
- Reliance Jio’s 4G Fever To Continue For Smartphones