ESS Deploys Single Window UTM Soln for Wadpack
Eastern Software System (ESS) said it has implemented an economical and secure VPN (virtual private network) for Bangalore-based Wadpack, a leading corrugated box packaging manufacturer in India.
Wadpack, which has outsourced its entire IT to ESS, has been running ESS flagship ERP web-enabled ebizframe solution for almost a decade now.
Anil Bakht, chairman & managing director, ESS, said that Wadpack was looking for linking its two major locations (the head office at Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore, and factory at Doddaballapur, Bangalore) and roaming users through a secured connectivity. "We have successfully implemented a Unified Threat Management based secured VPN, providing Wadpack secure connectivity between multiple locations while running the ebizframe ERP through centralized live server. This, in fact, has worked out to be extremely cost-effective as well," he said.
For the latest deployment, ESS sourced the Unified Threat Management (UTM) solution from Watchguard. The UTM includes network firewalls that contain multiple security features like e-mail spam filtering, an intrusion prevention system, antivirus capability and Internet filtering, in addition to the functions of a traditional firewall — all in a single box.
By providing all these security features — which otherwise would require two or three boxes – in a single box helped reduce system complexity and cut down on costs and time overheads, Bakht said. In addition, the ease of maintenance, training and support also comes from a single vendor who’s supplied the UTM box. A single window solution, moreover, helps reduce the hassles associated with managing multi vendor security systems, says Bakht.
- More SMBs Investing In Data Security, CRM: Study
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- Virtual Reality Is Reshaping India's Real Estate Industry
- One In 400 Software Developers In India Have Blockchain Skills: Report
- How CIOs Of Midsize Firms Can Drive Digital Transformation
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- How New Tech Models Are Changing The IT Skills
- Solving The Key Enterprise Collaboration Problem
- AI Business Value to Reach $1.2 Tn in 2018: Gartner