Essar deploys HP converged infrastructure solution
Essar Group has selected HP’s Converged Infrastructure solution to build a Shared Services environment for selected applications across its group companies. This will allow Essar to improve time to market and reduce cost by leveraging a flexible IT model where resources can be provisioned on the fly as per business demand.
Using HP’s Converged Infrastructure solution, Essar is enabling a Share Services model by pooling together all its IT resources into a highly virtualized environment. Specific application templates have been developed to automatically provision resources for every new business user. Businesses can then request IT services on the fly by using a built-in self service portal.
"We are now able to reduce the time taken to deploy new application Infrastructure from months to minutes. This enables our group of companies to rapidly address new business opportunities and emerge stronger against competition globally," said Jayantha Prabhu, Head IT, Infrastructure and Technology - Essar Group.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- Digital Transformation Needs Robust IT Architecture Plan