Etihad inks deal with Kale Consultants
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates, said that it would outsource the accounting of passenger and cargo revenues to aviation accountancy specialist Kale Consultants from April, 2012.
Kale Consultants, an Accelya group company is a leading solutions provider to the Airline and Travel industry.
“Revenue accounting plays a critical role in our fast paced growth and we want to align our process to industry leading practices and quality. We have chosen Kale because of its strategic focus, leading edge technology and expertise in revenue accounting,” said James Rigney, Chief Financial Officer, Etihad Airways.
Kale Consultants employs more than 1,500 people and has over 100 aviation industry clients in around 30 countries.
“We are confident of delivering strategic value to support Etihad’s fast paced and dynamic growth,” said Vipul Jain, CEO and Managing Director, Kale Consultants.
In September, South American airline LAN had selected Kale for processing its passenger billings.
Spain-headquartered business process outsourcing (BPO) company Accelya acquired a 35.61 percent stake in Kale Consultants last year for around Rs 97 crore.
Founded in 1986, Kale is one of the few mid-sized Indian IT firms serving customers in the airline, logistics and travel industries. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rs. 488.02 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
- SITA Helps Vistara Speed Up Communication
- SAP India To Create 15 Lakh Digitally Efficient Professionals
- Airport Technologies Boost Passenger Experience: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jun 26-30)
- How Tech Is Shaping The Future Of Travel Industry
- RFID Helps Airlines Reduce Baggage Mishandling
- Xiaomi Promotes Manu Jain As Global VP
- Making Baggage Smarter, With Real-Time Bag Tracking
- Indigo Flies To Newer Skies With Travelport Partnership
- FreeCharge Partners With IRCTC For Railway Tickets Booking