Everest Reduces Order Processing To 10 mins
The Rs 200 crore Everest Industries Ltd. — manufacturer of fibre cement roofing products — has successfully reduced its order processing time from an existing one-two days to ten minutes flat.
The reduction has been achieved by web-enabling the entire order processing system, which has made Everest the first company in the fibre cement roofing industry to adopt such an initiative.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Umesh Rastogi — vice president, information technology, Everest Industries, said, Earlier the sales team would call up a client to check whether he has received the invoice or not. The team would then visit the office, and send a fax in case the client has not received it. Very often clients in order to delay payments, devise such excuses.
But after being Web-enabled, the communication cost has not only been drastically reduced but the response time which earlier stretched to a day or two has been brought down to 10 minutes, which is a tremendous advantage for us, affirmed Rastogi.
Implemented by Tata Technologies, the process took a good six months to be rolled out across all four zonal branches and other locations. The system sits on Oracle 9i database. The company has four plants and R&D center at Nasik in India.
By Jan 2005, the company is planning to extend this service to all its customers, for enabling them to view all accounts, status of delivery, etc.
The company has a wide and well-organized sales and distribution network all over the country with the sales force strength being more than 100.
Everest Industries Limited (formerly known as Eternit Everest Ltd.) is part of the ACC group — a cement giant.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- CIO's Five-Point RPA Planning Success Formula
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Importance of Availability During holiday Season
- Digital Transformation Lessons For Supply Chain Leaders
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks