Extreme Networks introduces Direct Attach solution with Exar
Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced that it is expanding support for its Direct Attach virtualized data center network architecture for VMware (NYSE:VMW) environments. Working with its data center ecosystem partner Exar, Extreme Networks will demonstrate the benefits of virtual machine switching moved back into the network.
The joint data center solution for VMware features Exar’s X3100 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network Interface Card (10GbE NIC) and Extreme Network’s Summit X650. Direct Attach reduces network switching tiers by eliminating the virtual switch tier, and thus reduces cost, end–to-end latency, and security issues in the virtualized network while simplifying management.
“Using Direct Attach, Extreme Networks and Exar enable customers to utilize standard diagnostic and monitoring tools on virtualized networking traffic,” said Rob Reiner, director of marketing, Datacom and Storage, for Exar. “This simplifies management, preserves investments in data center equipment and reduces Total Cost of Ownership.”
In addition, with Direct Attach, Extreme Networks eliminates the server-based virtual switch, thus reducing the number of switching elements by orders of magnitude as well as reducing the challenge of managing different virtual switch implementations being offered in the market.
Extreme Networks with Direct Attach enables all VM traffic to be visible to the network, allowing uniform enforcement of SLAs, multi-level security, and traffic management. Direct Attach makes this all possible. “Direct Attach allows network administrators to leverage mature, well understood and fully capable network switches at wire speed for virtual machine switching, all while still maintaining the benefits of server virtualization,” said Kevin Ryan, director of Data Center Solutions Marketing for Extreme Networks.
Extreme Networks Direct Attach is available through a software feature pack with the ExtremeXOS operating system and provides functionality across the entire data center product portfolio, from the Summit X450, to the Summit X480, Summit X650 and BlackDiamond 8800 series chassis switches.
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study