Extreme to Focus on 'Green' Networks
In a statement to the press, Extreme said that it will work with The Green Grid to develop and deliver energy efficient technologies and best practices. The focus will be on implementation of green technologies in Ethernet switching solutions targeted at data centers.
As a member of this consortium, Extreme will promote the adoption of energy efficient standards, processes, measurements, and technologies within data centers.
“CIOs overseeing data centers are demanding cost-efficient network solutions where a significant portion of their operational costs can be reduced through energy savings,” said Jitendra Gupta, president of Extreme Networks India.
The Green Grid is a global consortium for advancing energy efficiency in data centers and business computing ecosystems. It collaborates with other industry groups and government organizations worldwide to ensure that each organizational goal is aligned with both developers and users of data center technology.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- How AI Can Disrupt Recruitment Process
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business