Extreme to Focus on 'Green' Networks
In a statement to the press, Extreme said that it will work with The Green Grid to develop and deliver energy efficient technologies and best practices. The focus will be on implementation of green technologies in Ethernet switching solutions targeted at data centers.
As a member of this consortium, Extreme will promote the adoption of energy efficient standards, processes, measurements, and technologies within data centers.
“CIOs overseeing data centers are demanding cost-efficient network solutions where a significant portion of their operational costs can be reduced through energy savings,” said Jitendra Gupta, president of Extreme Networks India.
The Green Grid is a global consortium for advancing energy efficiency in data centers and business computing ecosystems. It collaborates with other industry groups and government organizations worldwide to ensure that each organizational goal is aligned with both developers and users of data center technology.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- How Brands Can Modernize Customer Engagement
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018