Extreme to Focus on 'Green' Networks
In a statement to the press, Extreme said that it will work with The Green Grid to develop and deliver energy efficient technologies and best practices. The focus will be on implementation of green technologies in Ethernet switching solutions targeted at data centers.
As a member of this consortium, Extreme will promote the adoption of energy efficient standards, processes, measurements, and technologies within data centers.
“CIOs overseeing data centers are demanding cost-efficient network solutions where a significant portion of their operational costs can be reduced through energy savings,” said Jitendra Gupta, president of Extreme Networks India.
The Green Grid is a global consortium for advancing energy efficiency in data centers and business computing ecosystems. It collaborates with other industry groups and government organizations worldwide to ensure that each organizational goal is aligned with both developers and users of data center technology.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- More Commercial Blockchain Activities In 2019: Deloitte