F-Secure and Europol Join Forces to Fight Cyber Crime
F-Secure has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Europol’s Cybercrime Centre (EC3) that will allow for enhanced cooperation in the fight against the growing problem of cyber crime. The MoU was signed today at Europol’s headquarters in The Hague.
Addressing today’s digital security challenges requires a collective approach in which law enforcement and private industry work more closely together. In a complex security landscape, such partnerships are becoming increasingly important, especially due to the swiftness with which technology continues to evolve. In particular, this MoU allows for the exchange of expertise, statistics and strategic information on cyber threats between the two parties.
Kimmo Kasslin, Head of F-Secure Labs, said: “Our mission is to protect people and business from cyber threats, and cooperation with law enforcement is an important part of that mission. We are glad to be able to provide threat intelligence to Europol to aid in their investigation and enforcement efforts to make the online world a safer place for everyone.”
Steven Wilson, Head of Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), said: “The signing of this Memorandum of Understanding between Europol and F-Secure will improve our capabilities and further increase our effectiveness in assisting EU law enforcement in preventing, prosecuting and disrupting cybercrime. Working co-operation of this type between law enforcement and industry is the most effective way in which we can hope to secure cyberspace for European citizens and businesses. I am confident that the high level of technical expertise that F-Secure brings will result in a significant benefit to our Europe wide investigations. I am grateful for their cooperation and look forward to developing an excellent working relationship.”
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- How CXOs Can Be Safe When Using Wi-Fi At Public Places
- Apple To Test 3-D Scanning For Its Next iPhone
- How Cloud Can Make MNOs Profitable
- Indian Cos Prone To Cyber-Attack; 60% Use Unregulated Software
- EY Hosts DigiGST on Microsoft Azure
- How Social Media Is Changing CRM
- The Business of Apps, Security, and Consumer Expectations
- Importance Of Ensuring Your Website Is Safe And Secure
- Pune Police Deploys WorkApps Chat; Goes Paperless