Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
Umang Bedi, managing director for India & South Asia at Facebook has put down his papers, in just over 15 months from joining the company. He will make his final exit from the company by the end of this year.
“We confirm that Umang Bedi will be leaving his role and Facebook at the end of this year. He’s built a really strong team and business during his time with us, and we wish him all the best,” the company said in a statement.
According to media reports, he may be starting a venture on his own. Sandeep Bhushan, director, consumer and media, South Asia will take on as the interim MD till the company finds a full-time successor to Bedi, a source with knowledge of the matter said.
Prior to joining Facebook in 2016, Bedi was the managing director- South Asia at Adobe Systems Inc. As a part of the Asia Pacific leadership team, his responsibility was to head the company’s business operations in the South Asia region.
Bedi, during his tenure at Facebook focused on growing the business, building engagement and partnership by focusing on verticals, brands, and agencies. He took over from Kirthiga Reddy, who returned to the US to head the Global Accounts Team at the company’s headquarters at Menlo Park.
Facebook booked a substantial increase in subscriber base under Bedi’s tenure, partly enhanced by the launch of Reliance Jio’s 4G services in the country and drop in data prices across operators.
Facebook which counted 142 million Monthly Active Users (MAS) as of March 2016, escalated to 201 MAS as of July, increasing over 50 million users in just the half of 2017. India is now the largest market for Facebook, exceeding its home ground, the US.
- Indian Businesses Lack Confidence In Digital Transformation Capabilities
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Facebook CEO Explains How They Will Fix Data Privacy Issues
- What Makes Evry So Bullish On India Market
- Firms Clueless On Data Recovery When Disaster Strikes: Study
- All You Need To Know About Facebook-Cambridge Data Leak Saga
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP