Facebook India Hires Google's Pulkit Trivedi As Director
Social networking company, Facebook has announced the appointment of Pulkit Trivedi as industry director for e-commerce, retail, travel and financial services verticals.
In his new role, Trivedi will lead in building and maintaining strategic relationships with clients in the country, Facebook India said in a statement here. Trivedi had been with the company since April 2012 and was responsible for driving a large business for Google India.
“We are thrilled to have Pulkit join the talented Facebook team to help grow our advertising business. Pulkit is a well proven business professional who along with our teams will strengthen our ability to deliver personalised marketing at scale to clients in India,” Facebook India managing director Umang Bedi said.
Pulkit is an MBA from BITS Mesra and was featured in the ‘Hottest Young Business Leaders under 40′ in India list by Business Today in 2015.
Facebook has been making several reshuffles and hiring new officials for India this year. The company in June appointed Umang Bedi as its managing director. Bedi replaced Kirthiga Reddy who now sits at company’s Menlo-based headquarter. Reddy worked for nearly 6 years in India and was among the Fortune India’s Top 50 Most powerful women.
Recently, Facebook posted a 43 percent rise in revenues from India for the financial year ended 31 March 2016, on the back of high advertising revenues. The company clocked revenues of Rs 177 crore at Rs 16 per user, for FY2015-16 compared with Rs 123 crore at Rs 9 per user a year ago.
India is the second largest country in terms of customer base for Facebook with 166 million monthly active users as per its third quarter figures.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- 40 pc FMCG Spend Will Have Digital Influence By 2020, Says Google
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India