Facebook Making Business Communication Easier
Social networking giant is betting big on the on messaging as the next dominant ecosystem for mobile devices. The company through its Messenger wants to make business communication easier.
Facebook recently announced its widely expected Messenger Platform to help businesses build intelligent chatbots to let companies and users communicate in Messenger. “We think you should message a business just the way you would message a friend,” Mark Zuckerberg said on stage at f8 an annual conference for software developers in San Francisco.
Messenger currently has more than 900 million monthly users worldwide. Facebook will allow businesses to deliver automated customer support, e-commerce guidance, content and interactive experiences through chatbots.
Facebook has handed the more than 50 million businesses on Messenger the tools needed to build interactive experiences, or “chat bots,” that reach the 900 million people who use the messaging app each month. By providing utility through its huge developer and business ecosystem, Facebook is expected loyalty with Messenger, one-up SMS and keep up with chat competitors like Kik, Line and Telegram that have their own bot platforms.
Industry experts estimate that Facebook will find a way to make money if legions of businesses start using Messenger to chat with customers and sell goods and services. They estimate Messenger and Facebook’s other messaging app, WhatsApp, could eventually generate billions in additional annual revenue. Facebook is looking to get people to conduct more communication and commerce on its services.
Facebook bought WhatsApp for an eye-popping $22 billion in 2014, and spun off the direct messaging feature of Facebook into a separate app, now known as Messenger. WhatsApp has more than 1 billion, and the two combined process more than 60 billion messages a day. Traditional SMS texting peaked at about 20 billion messages per day, according to Facebook.
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Here's A Way To Protect Yourself Against Manipulated 'Fake News'
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- How To Avoid And Mitigate Risk Of Fake News
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- 3 Technologies That's Changing The Insurance Sector
- Facebook CEO Explains How They Will Fix Data Privacy Issues
- Digital Recruiting Is Reducing Hiring Challenges: Study
- All You Need To Know About Facebook-Cambridge Data Leak Saga