Financial Firm Replaces Desktops with Thin Clients
Orbis Financial Services Company, India’s first and only privately owned SEBI-registered custodial financial services company has replaced its desktop PCs with thin clients, following in the footsteps of financial firms worldwide.
According to a press release, Orbis has deployed TC2 thin clients to replace traditional desktop computers and has chosen Devon IT, Inc., a player in alternative desktop computing and provider of thin clients.
The company covers financial services for clients including commercial banks, corporate entities, high net worth individuals, pension funds, stock brokers, and insurance giants. The company’s expansion prompted a review of their IT environment, as their business was becoming more technology-driven and the need for secure, scalable, and flexible was vital. The IT department decided that a thin client environment would better suite their needs than their PC environment.
"Being a financial service provider, Orbis is heavily dependent on a robust, secure IT platform," said Ramkumar Mohan, senior manager of IT for Orbis. "One of our key differentiators is ‘agility in the face of change. Our company needs to have the best in data security, system and application availability and performance, user support, and provisioning time. Keeping this in mind, Orbis has deployed Devon IT’s TC2 thin clients, virtualization software, blade servers, and a greener datacenter due to the solution’s ability to deliver what we need to be successful."
Devon IT set up a proof-of-concept trial with Orbis that was tested by a fraction of the company’s employees. "We chose the TC2 solution because of features and costs," said Ramkumar. "We see a complete value for our money in opting for this solution, as it offers centralized management and control of our IT, much lower TCO, the high security and flexibility we rely on, and fast deployment."
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- How AI Is Transforming HR And The Recruitment Process
- TCS Bets On Business 4.0 To Propel Digital Revenues
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- ContentMart.com: Creating Waves In Online Content Marketplace
- Velocity MR Furnishes Instant Data To Organizations
- Can A Business Plan Defeat The Fear Of The Unknown?
- Broadcom Buys Brocade To Expand Enterprise Portfolio
- Social Selling Is The Future For Acquiring New Clients