Forbes Marshall selects IBM to support biz growth
Forbes Marshall, builders of steam engineering and control instrumentation solutions in India, has selected IBM’s hardware platform to support their ERP. Forbes Marshall chose IBM Power 6+ P550 servers with virtualization and DS 5020 storage for their server and storage requirements.
"The value proposition of IBM’s overall solution for us was unmatched. We have had a long term association with IBM. IBM infrastructure gives us the capacity, performance, reliability and availability, elements that are critical to help our ERP setup, backbone of our business operations, to perform as enablers facilitating business growth." Sharat Airani, Manager-IT, Forbes Marshall.
Forbes Marshall required a cost effective scalable solution which would take care of their existing workload and also support their new upgraded Oracle Applications environment for the next 3-4 years. IBM’s hardware would help them save up to 40 percent on TCO compared to traditional solution of separate physical competitive servers, in addition to greater ROI and utilization.
"IBM Power 6+ processor based servers and our storage solutions help address the unique requirements of Forbes Marshall India as they begin their journey to build a dynamic infrastructure," said, Ajay Mittal, VP-general business, systems and technology group, IBM India/SA.
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?
- 7 AI Technologies To Power The Enterprise
- Pi Datacenter's New Amaravati Facility To Employ 2,000 Staff
- IoT Adoption By Businesses, Govt On The Rise
- GST On July 1: What's The Impact On IT Industry
- Google Hires Apple Chip Architect For Pixel Phones
- How 5G Can Power The Internet Of Things
- 58 Indian Cos In 2017 Forbes ‘Global 2000’ List