Forbes Marshall Selects Solix EDMS Solution
Forbes Marshall has implemented Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite Solix (EDMS) to reduce the size of the database and increase the performance of Oracle E-Business Suite 11i Production instance.
According to Vijaya Kumar, CIO of Forbes Marshall, the rapid growth of the business has compelled the company to look for solutions for the ERP environment. The company needed a solution that would help towards greater business agility without spending a fortune on servers and storage.
Forbes zeroed in on Solix because of its architectural elegance, simplicity, and its track record in customer responsiveness.
Forbes Marshall has implemented 19 Oracle 11i modules. The inventory and CRM modules in particular were adding large amounts transactions data. An additional concern was the IT burden in creating the copies needed for test and development.
Shekhar Dasgupta, president and COO of Solix Technologies, said, “Solix EDMS database archiving provides enterprises the means to optimize application performance, while retaining historical data for long term retention needs. Solix EDMS Secure Test & Development helps DBAs to create rapid database subsets for test and development while secure sensitive data in these non-production copies”.
Using Solix EDMS, Forbes automated the process for archiving and purging of historical data from 16 modules of Oracle E-Business Suite, and creates rapid and secure subsets.
Post-implementation, the company benefited from significant improvements in application performance, gains in DBA productivity, and faster backup and recovery.
Solix Technologies Joins SNIA
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- Top DDoS Threats That Businesses Must Prepare For
- DHL eCommerce Selects FarEye To Boost Brand Image
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?
- Why Object Storage Is Becoming The New Default
- Using Virtualization To Enhance Security, Save On Infrastructure
- Infor Teams Up With LinkedIn To Empower CRM
- How HDS Is Betting Big On Data And Analytics
- How Cloud Can Make MNOs Profitable