Ford Inks New AMS Deal
Auto giant - Ford, is looking at leveraging IT to streamline its business processes. It has signed a new deal with Geometric. Under this new agreement, Geometric will provide application management services (AMS) to Ford for production support of its engineering applications suite.
The management services will cover issue analysis, investigation, resolution, code fix, software vendor coordination, testing, packaging, validation, and global release at various Ford Consumer Business Groups.
Geometric’s new development center in Chennai will address Ford’s ramp up demands, and host the necessary training programs for the engagement.
Ford has a six-year long relationship with Geometric. Currently, Ford houses around 100 Geometric engineers at its Dearborn facility (USA) and the Ford Technology Services center in India. These teams provide support to various projects in the PLM space.
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study