Former Yahoo exec Shashi Seth to head Tribune Digital Ventures
Tribune Company has appointed Shashi Seth as President of the Tribune Digital Ventures, a new unit of Tribune Company, reported AllThingsD.
Sources said TDV would seek a strategy invest in, buy and partner with innovative startups, similar to Comcast Ventures unit of the cable giant, which is run by Amy Banse.
Seth, who was formerly with the website giant Yahoo Inc, ran a wide variety of product groups for Yahoo, the last as Vice President of its Connections division — and left in January, some months after new CEO Marissa Mayer took over. He has also previously worked at Google and AOL.
Seth had been in charge of a swath of key products at Yahoo including Yahoo Mail, the Flickr photo-sharing service and many others. “I’m fascinated and disappointed at the same time with what the traditional media world is going through,” Seth said when asked why he joined the Tribune Company in an interview with TechCrunch.com.
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- Capital Float Digitally Removes Credit Gap