Former Yahoo exec Shashi Seth to head Tribune Digital Ventures
Tribune Company has appointed Shashi Seth as President of the Tribune Digital Ventures, a new unit of Tribune Company, reported AllThingsD.
Sources said TDV would seek a strategy invest in, buy and partner with innovative startups, similar to Comcast Ventures unit of the cable giant, which is run by Amy Banse.
Seth, who was formerly with the website giant Yahoo Inc, ran a wide variety of product groups for Yahoo, the last as Vice President of its Connections division — and left in January, some months after new CEO Marissa Mayer took over. He has also previously worked at Google and AOL.
Seth had been in charge of a swath of key products at Yahoo including Yahoo Mail, the Flickr photo-sharing service and many others. “I’m fascinated and disappointed at the same time with what the traditional media world is going through,” Seth said when asked why he joined the Tribune Company in an interview with TechCrunch.com.
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations
- Making Digital Transactions Simpler And Secured
- AMD To Woo Enterprises With New Line Of Processors
- 10 Signs Your Analytics Program Will Fail
- Rahul Tewari Joins QuiKr As CFO