Former Yahoo exec Shashi Seth to head Tribune Digital Ventures
Tribune Company has appointed Shashi Seth as President of the Tribune Digital Ventures, a new unit of Tribune Company, reported AllThingsD.
Sources said TDV would seek a strategy invest in, buy and partner with innovative startups, similar to Comcast Ventures unit of the cable giant, which is run by Amy Banse.
Seth, who was formerly with the website giant Yahoo Inc, ran a wide variety of product groups for Yahoo, the last as Vice President of its Connections division — and left in January, some months after new CEO Marissa Mayer took over. He has also previously worked at Google and AOL.
Seth had been in charge of a swath of key products at Yahoo including Yahoo Mail, the Flickr photo-sharing service and many others. “I’m fascinated and disappointed at the same time with what the traditional media world is going through,” Seth said when asked why he joined the Tribune Company in an interview with TechCrunch.com.
- Why Are Firms Struggling With Culture Of Innovation?
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Key Challenges For Infosys' New CEO Salil Parekh
- Infosys Names Capgemini's Salil Parekh As New CEO
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- DevSecOps, A Key Focus Of CA Technologies
- Narvar Appoints Srivatsa Narasimhan As India VP
- Persistent System’s President Mritunjay Singh Resigns
- Alibaba Sees India As Significant Market In Its Global Strategy