FortiClient For Mobile Operators
Fortinet, a leading provider of multi-threat security solutions, has announced FortiClient Mobile, an integrated security software agent for Microsoft Windows Mobile and Symbian OS-enabled mobile smart phones and PDAs.
Extending the capabilities of Fortinet’s FortiClient endpoint security software, the new product allows mobile operators and handset manufacturers to offer subscribers increased security.
Fortinet claims that it is the first mobile endpoint security solution to integrate full antivirus, MMS/ SMS anti-spam, personal firewall and address book protection and IPSec VPN capabilities to protect mobile subscribers against constantly evolving and sophisticated mobile threats.
FortiClient Mobile secures the growing number of smart phone subscribers that leverage standard OSs such as Windows Mobile and Symbian. These operating systems provide powerful access to mobile enterprise applications, such as Microsoft Office Mobile, as well as rich 2.5G and 3G value-add services that include messaging, web browsing, VoIP and video.
Freddy Mangum, VP - product marketing, Fortinet said, “Today’s sophisticated and criminal-oriented blended threats cannot effectively be combated by yesterday’s point product security technologies, such as the standalone antivirus software, that currently resides on millions of mobile phone devices.”
“Smart mobile phone devices require a multi-layered and integrated security approach that can fully protect the mobile subscriber,” he added.
FortiClient Mobile is available for evaluation on www.fortinet.com and will be available through key mobile carriers and select phone set vendors. FortiClient Mobile runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 and Symbian OS versions 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0 for specified smart phones.
Vishak Raman, Country Manager of Fortinet India told that FortiClient Mobile is available for evaluation on their website and will be available through leading mobile carriers and select phone set vendors at a later stage.
FortiClient Mobile runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 and Symbian OS versions 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0 for specified smart phones.
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- 96 pc of Firms Experienced At Least One Severe Exploit, Says Study