Fortify to Secure Wipro's Customers
Fortify Software Inc. and Wipro Technologies have allied to increase security of software applications that Wipro develops for enterprise customers.
Wipro will use Fortify Source Code Analysis (SCA) Suite, the gold standard in source code security analysis, to provide application security consulting and audit services to its customers as part of its enterprise security practice. Fortify SCA will expand Wipro’s ability to assess its customers’ software development processes and recommend improvements to the security of applications, thereby allowing enterprises to move towards a secure software development lifecycle model.
“Our customers’ IT infrastructures depend on hundreds of critical applications, making the security of these applications a paramount concern for them,” said Prasenjit Saha, General Manager, Enterprise Security Solutions, Wipro Technologies. “Fortify’s technology allows us to assess and audit clients’ code to ensure it is free of security vulnerabilities. In addition, it helps us enforce secure coding practices and standards among our own development teams without sacrificing efficiency.”
Fortify’s patent-pending technology delivers the most accurate and reliable results with low false positives. Fortify SCA analyzes across tiers, languages (Java, .NET (C#, VB), C/C++, JSP, PL/SQL, Cold Fusion, T-SQL, & XML), platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, Mac OS X), and systems. In addition, it provides customizable reporting and rules capabilities to provide tailored results that meet different needs.
“Organizations need to integrate security best practices, security testing tools and security-focused processes into their software development life cycle,” said Neil MacDonald, VP & analyst, Gartner.
“Global service providers like Wipro Technologies provide a large portion of the software applications that consumers and businesses rely on daily for critical services such as banking and e-commerce,” said John M. Jack, CEO, Fortify Software.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative