Fortinet Appoints Hansen Chang VP Asia Pacific
Fortinet, a player in Unified Threat Management and a provider of ASIC-accelerated, network-based multi-threat security systems for real-time network protection has announced the appointment of Hansen Chang as Vice President, Asia-Pacific.
Chang will oversee sales, marketing, support and operations in Asia-Pacific, with the goal of accelerating the adoption of Fortinet’s network security appliances and services throughout the region.
Fortinet says that Chang is a proven veteran of the technology industry, with 25 years of corporate and field experience with market-leading companies such as NetScreen, Sun Microsystems and IBM. Most recently, he served as Vice president, Asia-Pacific operations for CipherTrust, a leading messaging security company, where he expanded sales in the region by building and growing strong channel partnerships.
Prior to this, Chang served as general manager of NetScreen Technology International Ltd (a NetScreen Technology subsidiary) and managed all facets of APAC International business operations for the parent company. Hansen also served as Vice President of Asia-Pacific sales for NetScreen and in 4 years time, grew the region’s business from startup stage to more than $100 million in annual revenues.
Chang has also worked at IBM as General Manager of Tivoli for the Greater China area, and held key positions in SunSoft, a Sun Microsystems company, Fairchild Semiconductor, Wang Laboratories and the Santa Cruz Operations.
Chang holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Mass.
“Hansen is a recognized and respected veteran of the network security industry with a solid track record of growing strong channels and generating highly-impressive sales results,” said Ken Xie, Founder, President and CEO of Fortinet.
- Poor Cybersecurity Hygiene Leads To Greater Risks: Study
- CISO Should Prioritize Biz Functions Besides Security
- Botnet Attacks Witnessed Steady Rise In India In 2016: Fortinet
- 5 Rules For CXOs To Prevent Ransomware
- IoT, Cloud Key Targets For Cyber Criminals: Fortinet
- Security Is No Longer Just CIOs' Headache
- Simplicity, The Key To Secure Complex Networked Environments
- CISOs Must Invest In New Cyber Security Tools To Mitigate Risks: Study
- Fortinet Boosts India Presence With Investments In R&D
- Cisco, Fortinet Issue Security Advisories To Counter NSA Malware