Fortinet named No. 1 for Worldwide UTM Revenue: IDC
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) - a network security provider and the worldwide leader of unified threat management (UTM) solutions– today announced that recent IDC (TSE:IDC) research data confirms that the company is listed as the No. 1 vendor in worldwide UTM factory revenue for Q3 2010.
“Fortinet continues to drive the trend of large enterprises moving toward consolidated solutions to improve their security and reduce their overall data center footprint,” remarked Ken Xie, founder, president and CEO, Fortinet.
Xie further added, “IDC’s latest data supports this continued enterprise customer adoption of UTM appliances across the world, as well as the ongoing adoption by MSSPs, carriers and small to medium businesses.”
IDC identifies the UTM market segment as the fastest growing segment of the broader network security market and expects UTM to represent approximately 30 percent o f the network security appliance market by 2014.
The company informed that the data in the recent IDC Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker, December 2010, stated that, Fortinet is the overall leader in UTM factory revenue for all of Q3 2010. It is also the No. 1 vendor in one key enterprise price band – $50K-$99.9K – for both factory revenue and units shipped.
These ASIC-accelerated security appliances integrate UTM features, including antivirus, firewall, VPN, intrusion prevention, as well as many other security and networking functions, such as Web filtering, anti-spam, WAN optimization, and data leakage prevention (DLP).
- Here's Why Web Performance Market Will Keep Growing
- Employees Not Bothered About Company’s Security: Study
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- HP Leads In The Declining Global PC Market: Research
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018