Fortinet Unveils Multi-threat Security Appliance
Fortinet, a provider of network security and unified threat management (UTM) solutions, today announced a new FortiGate multi-threat security appliance designed to meet high-end requirements of the mid-enterprise customer segment.
The new FortiGate-1240B appliance claims to offer one of the best 40 Gbps firewall and 16 Gbps IPSec VPN throughputs. Other security appliances for the mid-enterprise include the FortiGate-310B and FortiGate-620B.
Fortinet also announced new and improved functionalities for its FortiOS 4.0 operating system with a new maintenance release (FortiOS 4.0 MR1), which powers all FortiGate devices.
Among the enhancements, FortiOS 4.0 MR1 will add antivirus scanning and URL filtering for IPv6 traffic, optimized log data to reduce network storage consumption by 50 percent, policy-based granular endpoint control for FortiClient-capable endpoints, and enhanced data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities.
Mid-sized enterprises have the same fundamental security challenges as high-end enterprise organizations, including higher network throughput, increased port density to enable greater network segmentation, and sophisticated security control. This allows customers to segment dozens of LANs within their larger network, each with its own set of security policies and performance requirements. The combination of these attributes is integrated into a single FortiGate-1240B multi-threat security appliance, which now has even greater functionality due to the new FortiOS 4.0 MR1 enhancements.
With enhancements to FortiOS 4.0, FortiGate-1240B customers will see the following new functionalities:
- IPv6 support: Adds support for antivirus scanning and URL filtering of IPv6 traffic.
- Log Optimization/Reduction: Log optimization reduces the amount of information generated by up to 50 percent, effectively reducing by half the amount of information transmitted across the network, as well as the amount required to be stored and maintained for security analysis and assisting with policy compliance.
- Endpoint Network Access Control (NAC): As part of the FortiGuard subscription service, a FortiGate platform can monitor the applications being installed on FortiClient-managed endpoints. FortiGate can block access to users that run or install violating applications, ensuring policy compliance against unauthorized applications, says the company.
- Improvements in Data Loss Prevention: Improved ability to detect data loss where international character sets are used.
The FortiGate-1240B and FortiOS 4.0 MR1 are now available. Fortinet is providing FortiOS 4.0 MR1 as a no-cost upgrade to customers with valid maintenance contracts.
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- E-Retailing To Grow By 2.5 Times In 3 Years: Crisil
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Cyber Security: Challenges And Potential For Indian Businesses
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market