Fortinet unveils new features within FortiOS 5 OS
Network security provider, Fortinet, recently added enterprise-class capabilities within its new FortiOS 5 operating system that the company said will cater to the advanced needs of the next-generation firewall. The new product will serve as foundation for the company’s FortiGate network security platform.
The enterprise class version includes a function called Feature Select, where customers can choose from a variety of security configuration options, including: High Speed Firewall, NGFW, ATP, Web Filtering and UTM among others, with a click. It also gives organizations real-time and historical insight on network use based on application, user and device and is equipped with sophisticated security tools to combat Advanced Threat Protection (ATP).
“In order to increase protection, simplify management and reduce costs, enterprises today are migrating away from multi-vendor firewall environments in favor of a single-vendor model,” said John Maddison, vice president of marketing for Fortinet.
A recent Gartner report predicts that around 30 per cent of enterprises will deploy next-generation firewalls by 2017. Experts believe that security executives today seek a combination of firewall options, such as NGFW, unified threat management (UTM), virtual and stateful firewalls, to meet a wide range of typical enterprise needs, such as data center, small offices or highly distributed enterprises, as cost-effectively as possible. According to Fortinet statement, the new upgrade will help enterprises leverage on these capabilities and answer their critical concern on “What’s Next in Next-Generation Enterprise Firewalls?”
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’