Fortinet unveils new features within FortiOS 5 OS
Network security provider, Fortinet, recently added enterprise-class capabilities within its new FortiOS 5 operating system that the company said will cater to the advanced needs of the next-generation firewall. The new product will serve as foundation for the company’s FortiGate network security platform.
The enterprise class version includes a function called Feature Select, where customers can choose from a variety of security configuration options, including: High Speed Firewall, NGFW, ATP, Web Filtering and UTM among others, with a click. It also gives organizations real-time and historical insight on network use based on application, user and device and is equipped with sophisticated security tools to combat Advanced Threat Protection (ATP).
“In order to increase protection, simplify management and reduce costs, enterprises today are migrating away from multi-vendor firewall environments in favor of a single-vendor model,” said John Maddison, vice president of marketing for Fortinet.
A recent Gartner report predicts that around 30 per cent of enterprises will deploy next-generation firewalls by 2017. Experts believe that security executives today seek a combination of firewall options, such as NGFW, unified threat management (UTM), virtual and stateful firewalls, to meet a wide range of typical enterprise needs, such as data center, small offices or highly distributed enterprises, as cost-effectively as possible. According to Fortinet statement, the new upgrade will help enterprises leverage on these capabilities and answer their critical concern on “What’s Next in Next-Generation Enterprise Firewalls?”
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- 96 pc of Firms Experienced At Least One Severe Exploit, Says Study
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- How Is Data Masking Done?
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services