Fortinet's Large Enterprise Security Offers
Fortinet, the Unified Threat Management leader, has unveiled two new security appliances for large enterprise networks. Fortinet also announced new FortiAccel technology that significantly accelerates small packet firewall performance.
The new FortiGate-1000A is an ASIC-accelerated enterprise security appliance that delivers multi-gigabit performance, high availability and multi-threat security features.
The new FortiGate-1000AFA2 appliance includes an additional two FortiAccel small form-factor pluggable (SFP) ports that accelerate small packet performance required for voice, video and other multimedia streaming applications.
Key features in the new enterprise security appliances include:
* Multi-gigabit Performance: With 10 copper gigabit 10/100/1000 Base-T ports and new FortiASIC content processor 5 (CP5).
* High availability: Includes clustering, device failure detection and notification and dual hot-swappable power supply and fan features.
* Integrated multi-threat protection: Security functions such as firewall, VPN, antivirus, Web filtering, intrusion prevention, anti-spam and traffic shaping.
The solutions are aimed to protect large enterprise networks with a variety of mission critical applications that are segmented into various different departments, offices and telecommuter and mobile user devices.
In a typical deployment scenario, the FortiGate-1000A systems would be deployed at both the Internet and Intranet gateway, while the FortiGate-1000AFA2 systems are ideal to protect large enterprises with various network segments running multimedia-streaming applications such as video-and-voice over IP.
“The new FortiGate-1000A and 1000AFA2 appliances address critical pain points of large enterprises by delivering the gigabit throughput and high availability required to protect against evolving network threats in real time,” said Chris Roeckl, VP - corporate marketing, Fortinet.
All FortiGate systems are kept up to date automatically by Fortinet’s FortiGuard Network, which provides continuous updates that ensure protection against the latest threats around the clock and around the world.
- Poor Router Security Makes Indians Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- 96 pc of Firms Experienced At Least One Severe Exploit, Says Study