Fortinet's New Solution To Thwart Cloud-Security Breaches
After posting a strong financial third quarter, Fortinet has strengthened focus on cybersecurity to remain profitable. The tech firm has announced the launch of its new Secure Access Architecture. This new framework expands Fortinet’s innovative Internal Segmentation cybersecurity strategy, enabling organizations to seamlessly segment devices and the access layers across wired and wireless networks. The Secure Access Architecture provides a broad platform of integrated, high-performance cybersecurity solutions that span from the client to the cloud and everything in between.
Gartner predicts that there will be 33 billion connected endpoints by the year 2020 with a majority comprised of new “headless” device types driven by the Internet of Things (IoT). The proliferation of devices and applications is posing serious challenges for organizations that need to ensure the protection of their entire network and guard against advanced cybersecurity threats. The alarming gap between the expanding access layer and adequate cybersecurity protections have been highlighted in a recent Fortinet research.
“As the probable first line of defense for an organization’s infrastructure, the access layer hasn’t received the amount of attention it deserves in regards to cybersecurity,” said Michael Xie, founder, president and chief technology officer at Fortinet. “Leveraging our extensive portfolio of cutting-edge solutions and exceptional engineering capabilities, Fortinet is uniquely positioned to change that.”
Fortinet’s Secure Access Architecture is designed to meet the ever-expanding demands for connectivity, while providing the high-performance cybersecurity protection that only Fortinet can deliver.
Fortinet’s Secure Access Architecture is engineered to deliver integrated protection against data breaches and cybersecurity threats at the access layer, while unifying network operations and administration. This eases the management burden on IT and arms administrators with advanced tools for deep analytics and reporting, while providing them with a flexible and broad set of access deployment offerings:
- Infrastructure: Advanced access technologies for highly mobile environments; this fast and flexible deployment option includes Fortinet’s most advanced security and networking appliances and services.
- Integrated: Unified all-in-one security and access technologies are ideal for organizations seeking hyper scalability and simplified administration with integrated management of both security and access through a single pane of glass.
- Cloud: Controller-less, cloud managed wireless Access Points with integrated Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) capabilities is the ultimate deployment offering for organizations who want integrated security and access managed entirely in the cloud.
The Secure Access Architecture is a key component within Fortinet’s hyper-secure Internal Segmentation strategy, securely isolating the access layers from mission-critical infrastructure and high-value data. Foundational to Fortinet’s Internal Segmentation is a new generation of innovative firewalls, the only solutions available that can keep up with the multi-gigabit speeds of internal networks.
The Secure Access Architecture also encompasses a breadth of advanced solutions within Fortinet’s broad end-to-end cybersecurity platform including endpoint management, wireless access points, switches, wireless LAN management, application control, advanced unified management and many more. These solutions are all backed by FortiGuard Labs’ industry-leading threat intelligence research and advanced cybersecurity services.
Fortinet has been leading the charge with strategic investments and strong momentum in the secure access market. This has been most recently demonstrated by the launch of their innovative FortiAP-S series of wireless LAN access points (AP), the most secure cloud-managed enterprise Wi-Fi solution on the market, featuring FortiGuard, a complete cybersecurity solution, running directly on the AP.
“We’ve made access infrastructure security a priority and have architected a solution that integrates scalable, flexible, high-performance access networks with state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies. Leveraging Fortinet’s Secure Access Architecture, our customers can enjoy the very best access layer security in the market,” said Ken Xie, founder, chairman of the board and chief executive officer at Fortinet.
“For the third consecutive quarter this year, Fortinet accelerated billings growth to record levels, delivering 41% billings growth — the highest ever as a public company,” Xie told analysts last week. “Additionally, we delivered non-GAAP operating margin and earnings per share upside to shareholders. We are executing well and our investment strategy is working.
Fortinet remains well-positioned to gain market share globally due to our strong competitive technology position and best-in-class end-to-end network security solutions portfolio, as well as the ongoing success of our land and expand strategy.”
- BlackBerry Completes Acquisition of Cylance
- Healthcare Firms Keen To Invest In Hybrid Cloud, Says Study
- Columbia Asia Hospital Goes Digital On Patient Engagement
- Enterprises Realizing Power Of Autonomous Cloud, Says Oracle's Steve Daheb
- Top 10 India Predictions On Cloud initiatives By 2023: IDC
- CISOs Should Drive Digital Transformation Or Perish: Study
- New Report Details Serious Cybersecurity Issues In The Digital Era
- 5 Cybersecurity Threats And Vulnerability Trends In APAC
- Enterprise Architecture: What IT Leaders Should Know
- Financial Services And The Cloud: It’s Now or Never