FreeCharge And UCO Bank Partner For Effective E-payments
FreeCharge, India’s leading online platform for recharge and utility payments announced its partnership with UCO Bank to enable efficient recharge and bill payments for their consumers. This is for the first time FreeCharge is tying up with an PSB for such services.
Besides the reward coupons, now FreeCharge with the support of UCO bank brings additional benefits like cashbacks to consumers, upto 10% instant cashback can be availed on every recharge and bill payment.
Furthermore, with FreeCharge making recharges and online payments easy and quick, more and more people are moving towards online bill payments. The rapid switch from offline to online has changed the Indian e-payments scenario. The partnership is another step by FreeCharge to impact the behavioural change towards e-payments through the rewarding and attractive benefits offered to the increasing 27 million user base of the company.
Speaking about this, Kunal Shah, CEO and co-founder, Freecharge said, “FreeCharge is committed towards developing the most impactful digital utility payment ecosystem and in line to this vision; partnership with UCO bank will play a crucial role. UCO Bank is a trusted public sector bank and we are delighted to have partnered with them. The partnership will offer our consumers exciting benefits like cashbacks and easier accessibility from e-payments.”
On the partnership, Arun Kaul, Chairman and Managing Director of UCO Bank stated, “Our Bank will pursue profitable growth through responsible and responsive banking attuned to the demands of the time. Our Bank is dedicated to serve young and modern India and this is going to be another step in this direction.”
UCO Bank has extended immense support to their card holders. The partnership will further enhance both FreeCharge and UCO banks solemn contribution to government’s vision of promoting online payments.
- Flipkart To Invest USD 500 Mn In Its Payments Arm PhonePe
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Pi Datacenter's New Amaravati Facility To Employ 2,000 Staff
- Digital Economy: Small And Nimble May Win The Race
- Machines Poised to Take Over 30% Of Bank Jobs: Study
- Airtel Says It Achieved 81% Reduction In CO2 Emissions
- MobiKwik Partners Samsung Pay For 'One-Tap' Payment Solutions
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 3-8)
- Security In Digital Payments: Urgent Need For Focus