FreeCharge Names Airtel Money's Anshul Kheterpal As CFO
Snapdeal-owned digital payments platform FreeCharge has named former Airtel Money Chief Financial Officer Anshul Kheterpal as its new finance head. This is the second major appointment announced by Bengalore-based FreeCharge in recent months. In September, the company named Sudeep Tandon as its Chief Business Officer, responsible for corporate strategy and strategic tie-ups for the company.
Anshul has over 8 years of work experience across Finance, Strategy, Operations and Treasury & diversified and in-depth experience across Mobile Commerce, Digital Payments and Telecom Sector. In his new role, Anshul will help craft strategies for the payments business at FreeCharge and Snapdeal and closely work with the senior leadership teams to strengthen the digital payments business.
Prior to his appointment at FreeCharge, Anshul was CFO and Principal Officer for Airtel Money. He was also until recently part of the steering committee of the BBPS and represented Airtel Money in the executive council of PCI – Payments Council of India.
Kunal Shah, CEO and co-founder, FreeCharge said, “With FreeCharge’s aim to be the digital OS for the payments business in India, Anshul joining us will further strengthen our senior leadership team. With his years of experience in managing the complex business of payments coupled with his rich industry knowledge he will help build the most innovative digital payments platform for our customers.”
FreeCharge Wallet crossed over 10 million users within 60 days of customer launch and is on an aggressive growth journey to reach 35 million wallets by March 2016. With the most intuitive user interface and new innovations, FreeCharge plans to expand into a number of new payments services in the next few months with new merchant products.
On commencement of his appointment at FreeCharge, Anshul Kheterpal said, “I am excited to join FreeCharge at a time when the payments industry is abuzz with new ways of creating digital transaction processes for customers. The excitement and commitment at FreeCharge to create industry leading products is almost infectious and I am looking forward to working with the team here to grow the digital payments business.”
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Firms Struggle With Digital Transformation Investments: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch