Freescale introduces new cost-effective processors
Freescale Semiconductor is introducing a new portfolio of cost-effective PowerQUICC II Pro processors with performance-to-power ratios and upgraded interconnect technology options. The portfolio was introduced during the Freescale Technology Forum that took place on August 18-19, 2010.
According to the company, the MPC830x communications processor portfolio was designed at Freescale’s India Design Center using advanced SoC design methodologies and techniques to achieve quick cycle times from product definition to silicon qualification.
Featuring sub-$10 resale price points, the new MPC830x communications processor portfolio includes the MPC8308, MPC8309 and MPC8306/8306S products, which all offer upgraded high-speed interconnects allowing customers to lower bill of material (BOM) costs for target applications such as line cards, industrial applications, WLAN access points, intelligent NIC equipment, smart energy gateways, and general purpose control functions.
“The MPC830x portfolio caters to new or existing customers looking for processors with high integration, scalable performance and low power for entry-level networking, industrial control or factory automation applications,” said Dhiraj Handa, director and general manager of the Customer Specific Products division of Freescale’s Networking & Multimedia Group. “Code compatibility with legacy PowerQUICC I and II products, an upgraded peripheral feature set and aggressive price/performance points are the hallmark of this new portfolio of products.”
Software and development tools
Freescale is offering a cost effective evaluation kit (MPC830x-KIT) containing a single MPC830x carrier card at a US $499 suggested resale price and system-on-modules (SOMs) for each of the MPC830x devices ranging from US $269-$299. Freescale also offers the MPC8308-RDB reference design board for US $299 suggested resale price. The evaluation boards include a Linux 2.6 BSP with optimized drivers to support peripherals, quick-start guide and a six-month evaluation license for CodeWarrior development tools.
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR