Fujitsu unveils two Zero Client Models
Fujitsu (TYO:6702) today announced two Zero Client models - the DZ22-2 and the DZ19-2, which are expected to provide more choices and flexibility that enables companies to integrate Zero Clients into their existing infrastructure. These models features multi-monitoring, LED technology and Power over Ethernet (PoE), further reduce costs and increase productivity informed the company. In a Zero Client environment, all OS, applications, data, computing power and memory are located on a centralized server instead of individual machines.
“Fujitsu provides everything necessary for a seamless transition to a scalable Zero Client environment, from software and hardware with an open and independent platform, to services that simplify installation,” remarked Alok Sharma, country manager, workstations and thin clients, Fujitsu India.
For companies considering a zero client environment, but may have concerns about integrating it into their existing infrastructure, platform-independent Zero Clients solve this issue. It allows IT managers to choose the platform that best meets their existing infrastructure requirements. The company also informed that the environment supports three hypervisors, VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V and as of January 2011, Citrix Xen Desktop.
Both the models offer the display technology in two different sizes, a 19-inch or 22-inch panel. Moreover, the LED backlight technology provides high contrast and display clarity for comfortable working.
In addition to supplying the hardware and software for the environment, Fujitsu provides support services and resources to simplify the transition. A zero client manager support pack ensures that support is available to customers according to their service level agreements. For customers who buy a complete Zero Client solution including Primergy Server and Switch, the company offers support for and a go-life-service. Fujitsu’s Smart Sourcing concept enables customers to choose from various options and hybrid models for an IT infrastructure that best suits their needs.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- Digital Transformation Needs Robust IT Architecture Plan
- Modern Cloud Infrastructure Is A Key Growth Enabler
- Online Retailers Battle It Out For Independence Day
- SAP India To Create 15 Lakh Digitally Efficient Professionals
- How Vendors Can Help CXOs With Right Security Practices
- Digital Economy: Small And Nimble May Win The Race