Future Group Upgrades Retail Strategy
Retail player Future Group has deployed Greenplum Database for its enterprise data cloud to support large-scale data analytics of its multi-format chain of retail stores pan India.
The group has brands such as Big Bazaar, Food Bazaar, Pantaloons, Central, Ezone along with others under its umbrella.
"Flexibility and agility are core requirements in our IT infrastructure, and Greenplum Database is a centrepiece of our strategy to use a cloud-like approach to our data warehouse," said Ushir Bhatt, CEO of Future Knowledge Services within Future Group.
"Greenplum brings Future Group the speed and scalability of a massively parallel data warehouse but does so in a very cost-effective manner," said Parakh Dave, head of Technology Services, Future Knowledge Services. "As we increase the amount of data under management, we will be able to make smarter decisions about customers, products, pricing and promotions across all of our retail outlets."
Greenplum Database’s fundamental feature is its ability to store and analyse terabytes to petabytes of data using clusters of commodity servers. It moves processing power closer to the data, so processing always occurs in parallel, delivering effective query and load performance. Future Group looked to Greenplum for innovative approaches to retail business needs and has deployed Greenplum Database at the core of its customer loyalty programme.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study