Future Group Upgrades Retail Strategy
Retail player Future Group has deployed Greenplum Database for its enterprise data cloud to support large-scale data analytics of its multi-format chain of retail stores pan India.
The group has brands such as Big Bazaar, Food Bazaar, Pantaloons, Central, Ezone along with others under its umbrella.
"Flexibility and agility are core requirements in our IT infrastructure, and Greenplum Database is a centrepiece of our strategy to use a cloud-like approach to our data warehouse," said Ushir Bhatt, CEO of Future Knowledge Services within Future Group.
"Greenplum brings Future Group the speed and scalability of a massively parallel data warehouse but does so in a very cost-effective manner," said Parakh Dave, head of Technology Services, Future Knowledge Services. "As we increase the amount of data under management, we will be able to make smarter decisions about customers, products, pricing and promotions across all of our retail outlets."
Greenplum Database’s fundamental feature is its ability to store and analyse terabytes to petabytes of data using clusters of commodity servers. It moves processing power closer to the data, so processing always occurs in parallel, delivering effective query and load performance. Future Group looked to Greenplum for innovative approaches to retail business needs and has deployed Greenplum Database at the core of its customer loyalty programme.
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report