Genesis Foundation Concludes ‘CEO’s Sing For GF Kids’
Genesis Foundation (GF) put together an evening filled with music and fun where the top fourteen CEOs from the corporate world came for a special fundraising event ‘CEOs Sing For GF Kids’ at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru on Sunday, July 17, 2016. The event was the 16th edition of GF’s flagship fundraiser that hosted some of the most talented and renowned CEOs who performed in front of an audience to raise funds that would be used for the treatment of 8 under privileged kids battling with critical diseases.
Genesis Foundation believes that the time to give is NOW and continuously works towards creating platforms to inculcate the habit of giving through participation. CEOs Sing for GF Kids is a unique opportunity for the leading corporate honchos to take a break from their busy schedules and do what they are passionate about, while raising funds for critically-ill children. The CEOs, some of whom are long-time friends of GF, personify the message that GF is committed to spread - that these critically ill children need our support urgently, but ‘giving’ doesn’t need to be a sombre act. It can be fun and participative—all we need to realize is that the time to give is NOW, whether we ‘give’ time, monetary support or spread awareness, ultimately it is about Giving Life a Chance.
The fundraiser was attended by more than 150 people who were swayed away by the superlative performances of the otherwise serious CEOs. Some of the key highlights of the evening include an exciting performance by Mehmood Curmally, MD, Rhythm House who sung Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh and Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley, setting the stage ablaze with his ecstatic performance. Rajeev Raja, Founder & Soundsmith, BrandMusiq charmed the crowd with his flute, playing a classic rendition of My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music.
In its last edition of ‘CEOs Sing for GF Kids’ held in Mumbai, Genesis Foundation also launched the GF Song- Gudgudi, composed by Indian and western fusion band, Divine Raaga. The song has been sung by children, for children. The children who sung the song were part of and also a highlight of the Bangalore fund-raiser. They were also felicitated for their contribution toward GF with certificates of honour.
The soul of this fundraising event is to Give Life a Chance and to build a strong community of people who believe in the power of giving. The performing CEOs at the Bengaluru edition include:
- Dr. Thomas Chandy, CMD and Chief of Orthopedics, Hosmat Hospitals
- Ajit Saldanha, CEO, Eventually International Entertainment
- Arati Rao, Founder, B-Flat
- Manoj Nair, Co-Founder & President, Novel Office Spaces
- Suprotik Das, Managing Director, Nordson India Pvt. Ltd.
- Atul Ahuja, COO, Handy Train
- Ramesh Jude Thomas, President & CKO, EQUiTOR Value Advisory Pvt. Ltd.
- Philipe Haydon, CEO, The Himalaya Drug Company
- Vinit Store, CEO, The Quadron Business Park
- V K AnandKumar, CFO, Rambus Chip Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
- Anand AnandKumar, CEO & MD, Bugworks Research India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mehmood Curmally, MD, Rhythm House
- Sulaiman Jamal, CMD, Bevel Gears India Pvt. Ltd.
- Rajeev Raja, Founder & Soundsmith, BrandMusiq
“It brings nothing but happiness and true meaning to our cause knowing that we have had yet another successful CEOs Sing for GF Kids event, this time in Bangalore. The work, dedication and love for music, that brought together the CEOs, the audience and our team at Genesis Foundation is what makes evenings like this so magical and memorable. Ultimately, the aim is to financially support as many critically ill children as we can, and what better way to do that than with such evenings!” said Prema Sagar, Founder Trustee, Genesis Foundation.
Over the years, ‘CEOs Sing for GF Kids’ has progressively become an institution in fund-raising initiatives to Give Life A Chance. In keeping with the Foundation’s core philosophy of building a participatory culture of giving, rather than chequebook philanthropy, musically-inclined CEOs give their time to the cause even as they find an outlet for their talent and their passion.
“The warmth, generosity and unfailing commitment of the Genesis family to raise funds for children that need critical medical care, continues as ever. I proudly remain in support of their endeavours and it’s safe to say that I’m part of this family now,” said Arati Rao-Shetty, Founder, B-Flat.
“I feel blessed to be a part of this event that Genesis Foundation has been conducting year after year for the past 5 years, they are actually doing the work of God. Serving the needy and that too terminally ill children who possibly otherwise have very little to look forward to and making their end game easier, smoother and happier is an unbelievably noble cause. Being able to partake in this fundraising initiative of GF is indeed very fulfilling for me personally. We are all blessed to have got a lot from life, and in our own way if we are able to give back a wee bit, it is indeed very satisfying. No doubt about that. And what a way to do the same. Music is our passion, me and Usha have been involved with this initiative of GF from the very first year they commenced this event in Bangalore. To be able to serve humanity through a medium of our passion, is like the icing on the cake,” said Manoj Nair, President, Novel Office Space, Bangalore.
- Will India Govt Ban Cryptocurrencies From Its Payments System
- Internet Exceeds 4 Bn-Users, But 50 pc Still Offline
- Exploring The Potential Of Blockchain Through ‘Collaboration'
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- Why AI Can Be A Boon To Real Estate
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- 10 Ways CEOs Can Fund Digital Initiatives
- MakeMyTrip's Co-founder And President Ashish Kashyap Resigns
- Capital Float Digitally Removes Credit Gap