Geodesic Partners with Sybase 365
In a bid to extend its breadth of service portfolio and to further expand its global user base, Geodesic has partnered with Sybase 365. Geodesic said it chose Sybase 365 as the latter was a proven mobile platform provider with the most extensive, private-operator-grade network for mobile messaging available.
Geodesic’s mobile messaging solutions provide deep collaboration across the Internet, wireless devices and platforms. This partnership will enable the company to leverage Sybase 365 s global SMS, MMS and GRX interoperability. As a result Geodesic will be able to extend its offering to 800 mobile operators throughout Asia, Europe and beyond.
Mobile messaging is a fast-growing industry, generating revenues of $130 billion worldwide in 2008. According to Portio Research, this figure is set to rise to a market value of $224 billion by 2013. The firm predicts explosive growth in SMS, MMS, mobile email and mobile IM, with SMS becoming a $100 billion business by 2010, and mobile IM use growing from 111 million worldwide users in 2008 to a massive 867 million users by the end of 2013.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive
- Decoding The Future Of Mobile App Economy