Geometric Appoints Global HR Head
Geometric, a provider of engineering services and product lifecycle management solutions and technologies, has appointed Rani Desai as vice president and global head, Human Resources and Organisational Development.
As global HR head, Desai will be responsible for core HR functions, recruitment and capability development. She takes over from Rajiv Singh, who has been promoted vice president, corporate strategy. Singh will lead specific initiatives aimed at long-term growth, risk management and organizational alignment.
Geometric has grown significantly in the last couple of years, with a marked increase in its global employee base, said Ravi Gopinath, MD and CEO who announced the appointments today.
Desai, who has 24 years of experience in the HR field said Geometric functions in a knowledge economy where human capital forms the backbone of all activities. Maintaining a leadership position in a niche area as PLM requires a high degree of technical competence, and intellect amongst employees.
Besides IT, Desai has also worked in other industries such as pharmaceuticals, infrastructure, telecom, textiles, engineering and shipping.
Geometric Patents Shape-based Search Tech
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute Uses Mobile For Healthcare Innovations
- 2.5 Lakh Indian Gram Panchayats To Be Digitally Connected
- Infy's $20 Bn Target May Be Achieved, But Not By 2020
- Cyber-security Must Focus On The Human Point
- ATM Maker Diebold Sees Demonetization As Big Business Opportunity
- Driving Technology-Led Growth In The Financial Sector
- Network Visualization To Fuel The 'Connected Enterprise'
- Top Executive Reshuffle At Samsung Mobile In India: Report