Geometric Patents Shape-based Search Tech
Geometric Limited has been granted a patent titled ‘Geometry-based search method for 3DCAx/PDM repositories’ by the US Patent and Trademark Office.
The patent outlines algorithms and methods to locate 3D CAD models based on shape data, unlike text and attribute-based search methods.
Geometrics 3D SearchIT is a shape-based search engine technology, built on patented algorithms such as this. Shape-based search is an intuitive process that enables information reuse through product life cycle stages such as design, planning, manufacturing, procurement, and inventory management.
By encouraging reuse, it also has a potential to reduce overall product development time and costs.
Geometrics Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops technologies and out of the box (OOTB) software products that address productivity and knowledge management challenges for the engineering and manufacturing industry.
The unit creates Intellectual Property and contributed close to 7% to the company’s revenues in Q’1 FY’09. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners besides using them to design and implement customized process solutions for industrial customers.
- Machine Learning Can Generate Faster, Precise Prescriptions
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Banking Sector