Geometric Patents Shape-based Search Tech
Geometric Limited has been granted a patent titled ‘Geometry-based search method for 3DCAx/PDM repositories’ by the US Patent and Trademark Office.
The patent outlines algorithms and methods to locate 3D CAD models based on shape data, unlike text and attribute-based search methods.
Geometrics 3D SearchIT is a shape-based search engine technology, built on patented algorithms such as this. Shape-based search is an intuitive process that enables information reuse through product life cycle stages such as design, planning, manufacturing, procurement, and inventory management.
By encouraging reuse, it also has a potential to reduce overall product development time and costs.
Geometrics Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops technologies and out of the box (OOTB) software products that address productivity and knowledge management challenges for the engineering and manufacturing industry.
The unit creates Intellectual Property and contributed close to 7% to the company’s revenues in Q’1 FY’09. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners besides using them to design and implement customized process solutions for industrial customers.
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO