Geometric Patents Shape-based Search Tech
Geometric Limited has been granted a patent titled ‘Geometry-based search method for 3DCAx/PDM repositories’ by the US Patent and Trademark Office.
The patent outlines algorithms and methods to locate 3D CAD models based on shape data, unlike text and attribute-based search methods.
Geometrics 3D SearchIT is a shape-based search engine technology, built on patented algorithms such as this. Shape-based search is an intuitive process that enables information reuse through product life cycle stages such as design, planning, manufacturing, procurement, and inventory management.
By encouraging reuse, it also has a potential to reduce overall product development time and costs.
Geometrics Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops technologies and out of the box (OOTB) software products that address productivity and knowledge management challenges for the engineering and manufacturing industry.
The unit creates Intellectual Property and contributed close to 7% to the company’s revenues in Q’1 FY’09. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners besides using them to design and implement customized process solutions for industrial customers.
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- Here's What Businesses Without HTTPS Should Know This July
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG