Geometric Readies for SolidWorks Expo
Geometric Technologies, a subsidiary of Geometric Limited, said it will showcase the upcoming releases of CAMWorks and DFMPro at SolidWorks World 2010, USA.
The SolidWorks World 2010 will be held from January 31 - February 3.
Announcing the new versions, Vinay Kulkarni, VP and head (desktop products and technologies) of Geometric, said, "In this current global scenario, manufacturing companies are searching for ways to automate their processes, compress delivery times, and reduce inefficiencies. In order to achieve these goals, they are looking for novel solutions for trapping manufacturing errors early in the design stage, and for effective collaboration between designing and manufacturing. This can be easily facilitated by using integrated SolidWorks solutions like DFMPro and CAMWorks."
CAMWorks 2010 features advances to feature recognition, multi-axis machining, as well as improved cutting strategies for 2 to 5 axis milling, turning, and wire EDM. The release also includes support for SQL database interface for improved performance, and multiple user access for the proprietary knowledge database - TechDB.
DFMPro version 2.1 adds an injection molding module including important industry best practices for manufacturability of injection molded components related to wall thickness, draft analysis, undercuts, mold wall thickness, ribs, bosses, etc. DFMPro also facilitates collaborative design review process by generating comprehensive 3D reports in eDrawings format.
- CCI Clears Geometric Deal With HCL
- Geometric virtualizes desktop environment
- Geometric and Dassault to integrate Delmia’s India lab with 3DPLM
- Geometric increases focus on non-core verticals
- Geometric releases NestLib 2010 R1
- Geometric Releases NestLib 2009 R3
- PLM in the Fashion Industry is Gaining Acceptance
- CP Pistons Opts for Geometric CAM Solution
- Geometric Releases NestLib 2009 R1