Gestetner India Deploys Citrix MetaFrame Server
Gestetner India Ltd (GIL), manufacturer of office automation equipments, has recently deployed Citrix MetaFrame presentation server in a bid to ease administration and bandwidth management. The deployment would also minimize data transfer costs thus ensuring smooth application deployment among its sales and service branches spread across India.
Speaking to CXOtoday, B. Ramesh, deputy manager-IT, Gestetner India Ltd, said, “We needed a cost-effective centralized administration solution to successfully run all our applications in the local as well as wide-area network environments. This led us to explore and implement the Citrix MetaFrame presentation server.”
He further revealed that the company has succeeded in integrating its ERP and other applications with the Citrix MetaFrame presentation server. With its inherent bandwidth management feature, Citrix solution has helped the company to considerably reduce its bandwidth costs even while running a high-end application like ERP.
Ramesh added, “Now it’s possible for us to deploy applications securely with less bandwidth at reduced communication costs. The data transmission speeds have also improved significantly.’
The business expansion has also been facilitated as the Citrix solution helps to easily add more clients in the network by faster application deployment. The application and network performance remains extremely good even on low-end client machines. The flexibility also comes in terms of system administration as the administration rights can even be delegated to the users at the front-end. Also the systems uptime levels are always more than 99%,” concluded Ramesh.
- Citrix Appoints Makarand Joshi As India Country Head
- Companies See Risk Due To Organizational and IT Complexities
- Closing The Gap In Digital Transformation
- Women In Technology: Still A Long Way To Go
- We Intend To Build Our Own Cloud
- Citrix Redefines Business Strategies Post Restructuring
- How Citrix Helps Ruby Hall Doctors On The Go
- Software-Defined Workplace to Boom: Citrix Head
- Seven Biggest Technology M&As In 2015
- How PI Industries Cuts End-User Device Cost By 50%