Get Screwed For Being A loyal User – The Apple Way!
This is intensely personal, but brings out a very critical aspect of being a heavy-tech user. I believe that there is a certain legal angle to the whole thing, which will be examined separately.
I have just been told that my MacBook Pro, which I have been using for the last eight years, (Yes, eight years) is now “obsolete”, exact words, which have been used by the Apple care person. I am now told that, having been a careful user of my MacBook Pro, I will not be able to use it for any of the later versions of apps, because the latest OS does not support my eight-year-old Mac.
Let me make a few things clear first. I am not claiming any bragging rights for using a Mac. I have been happy with my MacBook and it helped me through thick and thin, never giving up on me. I have been a Mac user for over two decades (maybe more, I cant remember). I love Apple for its products and their solidity.
Unfortunately, the very reasons why I have been an Apple user are now turning against me. The Apple solidity, the painlessness of using an Apple device, the intuitive way the product connects with you, are now the very reasons, why I am thinking of getting out of the Apple’s ecosystem.
Steve Jobs once said, “All Apple products are not made with the best technology in mind, but with the User in mind”. However, what he missed saying, or what Tim Cook is saying appears to be ‘all users but the more diligent, good users in mind’.[Read the full story here]
Also watch the the exclusive interview of tech evangelist Guy Kawasaki, who was part of the original marketing team that launched the first-ever Apple Macintosh in 1984. Kawasaki says that he continues his love affair with Apple products and offered tips to CIOs on how to embrace new, updated technologies in this new digital age. [Read the full story here]
- Apple To Make iPhones In India In 4-6 Weeks: Report
- Avaya Will Continue To Bet Big On SMBs, Digital India
- Banks Should Look At Blockchain With Security Lens: EY
- Can Samsung Pay Boost Mobile Payments In India?
- Apple's 9.7-inch iPad May Spur India's Tablet Sales
- Managed Security, The Answer To Growing Cyber Threats
- How Businesses Can Drive Digital Transformation
- How A Human-Robot Collaboration Can Succeed
- Can EEE Eliminate Hurdles In Cybercrime Investigations?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Mar 6-11)