Global chip market to grow 20% in '04 : STMicro
Europe¨s chip manufacturing giant STMicroelectronics, said on Tuesday that it expects the global chip market to grow by 18-20 percent in 2004, as chips witness a rebirth of sorts, from a three-year slump.
Chief Executive Pasquale Pistorio announced at a press release, that analysts were expecting the same quantum of growth next year.
“According to our viewpoint, growth next year will be double-digit. Given expectations of economic recovery in the United States, Japan and Europe, and a strong environment in Asia-Pacific, we think that those conditions will bring about sustained growth in the semiconductor industry,” he said.
- MosChip On A Buying Spree In IoT Space
- Future Smart Devices Could Work On Neuron Technology
- Microchip Extends PIC Microcontroller Range
- Microchip to Invest Big in India
- Juniper Outsources Datacenter
- Microchip Comes Out with New I/O Bus
- New Microcontroller Line Promises More Utility
- RFID's Virulent Future
- AMDus third quarter net loss falls by $223m