Global Edge acquires Dearborn Electronics
Global Edge Software, an embedded software solutions and services company focused on wireless, telecom and IP networking technologies, today signed a definitive agreement to acquire 100 percent stake in Dearborn Electronics (India) Pvt. Ltd., an unlisted entity specialising in automotive and automation control, communication and information solutions space.
This acquisition will strengthen Global Edge’s focus on automotive electronics and industrial automation embedded systems. Dearborn will continue to remain a separate entity as a wholly owned subsidiary of Global Edge Software.
GlobalEdge delivers solutions and services particularly in wireless, platform, multimedia and embedded domains to customers worldwide. GlobalEdge’s customers list includes leading semiconductor vendors, CPE device makers, consumer electronics companies, communications OEMs etc.
Dearborn Electronics India caters to large OEMs and Tier I suppliers providing embedded software solutions and services focusing on Diagnostics, ECU Software Systems and Control Systems for the automotive and industrial automation segments.
“This acquisition supports GlobalEdge’s current strategy to enter vertical sectors and expand its portfolio in global and domestic markets. With this acquisition, Global Edge will be well placed to tap into newer segments like automotive electronics and industrial automation providing enhanced value to customers,” said M P Kumar, Chairman & CEO, Global Edge Software Ltd.
“The synergy with Global Edge Software provides sector expertise, embedded domain knowledge and quality processes. While our clients will continue to grow, they will also benefit from the breadth and depth of next-generation solutions that Global Edge Software offers,” said Srinivas Prasad, Managing Director, Dearborn Electronics (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Prasad will continue to be on the board of Dearborn India and Anand Mutalik, CEO, Dearborn Electronics (India) Pvt. Ltd will continue in his current position.
Mutalik brings in three decades of experience in IT industry and had been one of the core promoters of Kshema Technologies, which was acquired by Mphasis.
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- Cloud Majors to Put More Emphasis on Edge Computing: Study
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research