Global mobile ticket usage expected to reach 23 billion by 2016
Mobile users are now beginning to adopt mobile tickets as an integrated part of their mobile lifestyle, says Juniper.
A new report from Juniper Research claims that the numbers of tickets delivered to mobile phones worldwide will more than quadruple to 23 billion by 2016, compared with four billion tickets estimated to have been delivered during 2011.
The study found that worldwide, mobile users are now beginning to adopt mobile tickets as an integrated part of their mobile lifestyle, whether for airline, road or rail transport, or for sporting or entertainment event access, and as an integrated component of their mobile wallet.
“Mobile ticketing together with mobile payments are the front running applications in the mobile commerce market today,” said David Snow, author of the report.
The report found that mobile ticketing solves key problems for facility operators whether in the transport or events markets. The ability to sell and deliver tickets through the mobile channel without the need for extra staff or real estate has a significant impact on operator profitability, especially as user numbers are continually increasing and need to be supported with minimal investment.
However, the report warns that mobile ticketing applications must be simple to use and win the confidence of the user both in terms of the security and reliability of the mobile ticketing service. A single poor user experience may put off a user for a long time and runs the risk of nullifying the advantages for the facility operator.
“Mobile ticketing may be the first mobile commerce application that will be adopted at a mass market level, so it is important that users receive a first class experience; that is the major challenge for all players in the mobile ticketing ecosystem,” Snow said.
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- 8 Out Of 10 Shopping Apps Have Security Flaws: Report
- 85% Companies Not Ready For GDPR Compliance: Report