Glodyne Digitises EGS Project in Bihar
Glodyne Technoserve, a Technology Infrastructure Management Services company, has rolled out a ‘first of its kind’ technology-driven e-shakti rural employment scheme in Bihar.
The scheme is being implemented by a consortium lead by Glodyne’s subsidiary Smaarftech Technologies, consisting of Face Technologies, a provider of identity management solutions from South Africa and Anil Printers.
Launched under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS), the e- Shakti project seeks to bring in contact-less smart cards to workers registered with NREGS for their wage disbursement, identification, and a host of other service features. The project has the potential not only to generate more employment directly and indirectly, but also to transform rural economic and social relations at many levels.
Commenting on the project, Annand Sarnaaik, chairman and managing director, Glodyne Technoserve, said, "The state of Bihar has taken a futuristic approach towards implementing NREGS through e-shakti. It is indeed a historic day for the people of Bihar and for everyone associated with this project."
With e-shakti the processes of registration, receipts, job demand, muster rolls, works, attendance, calculation and disbursement of wages will be digitalized, thereby doing away with all the paperwork and complexity.
Smaarftech is responsible for the project implementation, management and maintenance. In the first phase, the e- shakti project will cover beneficiaries from the Patna District and in the subsequent phases; the project will be scaled in the entire state.
- AI To Become A Job Motivator, Not Job Killer: Gartner
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- Leveraging Digital Technologies For Manufacturing
- Five Big Data Trends To Influence AI In 2018
- Digital Transformation: 7 Things CIOs Must Remember
- How Big Data Can Combat Child Trafficking
- DevSecOps, A Key Focus Of CA Technologies
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation