Glodyne Digitises EGS Project in Bihar
Glodyne Technoserve, a Technology Infrastructure Management Services company, has rolled out a ‘first of its kind’ technology-driven e-shakti rural employment scheme in Bihar.
The scheme is being implemented by a consortium lead by Glodyne’s subsidiary Smaarftech Technologies, consisting of Face Technologies, a provider of identity management solutions from South Africa and Anil Printers.
Launched under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS), the e- Shakti project seeks to bring in contact-less smart cards to workers registered with NREGS for their wage disbursement, identification, and a host of other service features. The project has the potential not only to generate more employment directly and indirectly, but also to transform rural economic and social relations at many levels.
Commenting on the project, Annand Sarnaaik, chairman and managing director, Glodyne Technoserve, said, "The state of Bihar has taken a futuristic approach towards implementing NREGS through e-shakti. It is indeed a historic day for the people of Bihar and for everyone associated with this project."
With e-shakti the processes of registration, receipts, job demand, muster rolls, works, attendance, calculation and disbursement of wages will be digitalized, thereby doing away with all the paperwork and complexity.
Smaarftech is responsible for the project implementation, management and maintenance. In the first phase, the e- shakti project will cover beneficiaries from the Patna District and in the subsequent phases; the project will be scaled in the entire state.
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Women In Cybersecurity Face Harsh Reality: Study
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Banking Sector
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy