Goa Government Promotes Local IT Manufacturing
With manufacturing units of companies such as Schneider Electric, Smartlink and Siemens, the Union Territory Goa is becoming a key production hub in the western India. The government, in an initiative to promote local ICT manufacturing, is planning to attract Indian companies for investing in areas such as mobile and PC manufacturing in the region.
Nilesh B. Fal Dessai, Director (IT), Department of information technology, Government of Goa said in an exclusive interaction, “The government is having many e-plans and one among them is to promote the electronic system design and manufacturing clusters.
“We are currently in the process of getting the land and we want to assure that it is non-pollution. We are drafting the investment policy and a task force is formed,” Dessai said adding that the investors will get subsidy and all electronic devices including PCs, laptops, mobile phones and other IT hardware products.
Goa as a region has tax holidays, VAT exception, and subsidized land for the investors, making it easy to attract companies from across the state. The government also claims that the power situation of the state is also stable that will help both the Indian and MNCs to have good production.
“Any company having plans of setting up units on IT hardware or networking products or research and development plan can invest in Goa”, said Dessai.
While everything is at the initial level, we also have plans to bring the entire area into video surveillance in the coming months, he summed up.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Leveraging Digital Technologies For Manufacturing
- GSTR2: To File Or Not To File?
- PayPal Launches Domestic Operations In India
- CFOs Focusing On Expense Mgmt To Cut Travel Costs
- Tech Start-Ups, B2B Firms Drive Indian Start-Up Ecosystem: Nasscom
- Altaf Halde Joins Network Intelligence Business Head
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India