Goa govt partners with Oracle to produce IT pros
The Government of Goa has signed an MoU with Oracle to integrate the Oracle Academy curriculum into the educational programs of the state’s colleges and technical schools. The partnership will help the state in meeting the growing local demand for a highly skilled technology workforce.
As part of this MoU, 250 faculty members will undergo specialized training on the Oracle Academy curriculum that will be delivered to 18,000 students from 113 institutes in Goa, including the state’s engineering colleges, polytechnics and degree colleges over the next three years.
The Oracle Academy’s Introduction to Computer Science curriculum includes Database Design and Programming courses and a Java-specific curriculum that is aligned to Oracle certification. In addition to this, the Oracle Academy’s Advanced Computer Science program is being introduced in all of Goa’s engineering colleges, where students are provided with hands-on access to Oracle database and middleware software and related curriculum.
“We want to develop the IT human capital in the state and found a great partner in Oracle. The induction of Oracle Academy into our educational programs will empower our students with the skills required to build successful careers in the growing field of IT,” Manohar Parrikar, Chief Minister, Government of Goa said in a statement. He believes the association with Oracle can help the state build the next-generation of skilled IT professionals who are prepared to contend with the dexterity of the global workforce in this industry.”
Sandeep Mathur, Managing Director, Oracle India said that the Oracle Academy has helped 1.9 million students across the globe, offering a comprehensive program designed to help them gain a competitive edge in the field of IT.
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens
- FinTech Trends To Watch Out For In 2018
- Cloud Is Transforming The Role Of IT Organizations
- Five-Pointer AI Recommendations For India Govt
- Using The Blockchain For Financial Inclusion
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- GSTR2: To File Or Not To File?
- Helping C-Suite Innovate With ERP Cloud