GoDaddy Launches Flare App To Support Businesses
Internet domain name registrar and Web hosting giant GoDaddy has announced the launch of Flare, a new mobile app designed to help entrepreneurs garner feedback for new business ideas.
Flare, which launches on iOS in North America followed by Android next month, invites anyone with a new business idea to submit concept overviews to a community and arrive at a general consensus on whether the idea has legs.
It’s touted as a “cross between Shark Tank, LinkedIn, and Tinder” — users swipe right if they like a submitted idea, and swipe left if they don’t. If the idea gets enough positive traction initially, entrepreneurs can then solicit more specific feedback, so those who were warm to a business idea can click through to learn more and indicate whether they “love” an idea, follow its progress, and answer more questions.
According to Rene Reinsberg, VP of emerging products at GoDaddy, people who are at the stage of purchasing new domain names and creating websites often want feedback on their fledgling business.“Everyone has ideas, but too often they don’t go anywhere,” said Reinsberg.
“We created Flare because we recognized the need for a community where people can get impartial feedback on ideas and connect with others to help them turn those ideas into something meaningful. Whether you’ve just had a fleeting thought and want to explore where you might be able to take it, or you’ve been dreaming of creating your own business your whole life, Flare is the first place to go for someone who wants to take the next step”, he added.
- A Big Online Boost To India’s Small Businesses
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (May 22-27)
- GoDaddy Bets Big On Indian SMB, E-Commerce
- GoDaddy-Guava Softs Partnership Promotes Revenue Growth
- GoDaddy Acquires FreedomVoice
- GoDaddy CTO Resigns To Join Google
- India's Domain Name Biz Is Gaining Maturity
- GoDaddy Brings Microsoft Office 365 To SMBs
- Samsung wins U.S. court order to access Apple-HTC deal details