Godrej to automate sales and distribution processes
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd (GCPL), a major player in the Indian FMCG market has recently announced its plans to deploy a business discovery platform to automate its sales and distribution performance. The company has selected QlikTech, a provider of Business Intelligence (BI) to implement the business discovery platform across the organization.
According to Subrata Dey, Executive Vice President - Information Technology at GCPL, the company was looking to deploy a powerful and user intuitive BI solution that could facilitate the business users pan India to understand the sales and distribution performance and aid them with strategic insights for better decision making in order to monitor and drive performance.
“To meet the requirements of our business, we were looking for a solution which would enable the business users to interactively access millions of rows of large data. The challenge was accentuated due to the vast size of data held by a number of distributors and retailers across the country selling a large number of products. The business wanted to slice and dice information across geographies, products and sales hierarchies.”
Dey believes that with QlikView’s new solution, GCPL will be able to gather insights across geographies, product lines and sales hierarchies with the data volume totaling millions of records. “We can alsodisseminate actionable information to the business users across locations and provide information on the basis of their roles and work profile. And we can expect to complete the entire process with greater speed and agility,” he said.
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Cybercrime To Worsen; More Sleepless Nights For CISOs
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- Nasscom Predicts Muted Growth For IT In 2018-19
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation