Going Green is Cost Effective, Say APAC IT Pros
According to a recent online poll conducted by Hitachi Data Systems, the majority of IT professionals in the APAC region do not feel that green IT is just another technology gimmick. 83% of the respondents agreed that going green results in cost-savings, with the remaining 17% feeling that green measures are not necessarily cost efficient.
Hitachi Data Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi. Hu Yoshida, VP and CTO of Hitachi Data Systems estimates that storage hardware accounts for approximately 25 % of all power consumed in the data center. There is a clear environmental impact of the growing data burden and inefficient storage management and systems, cutting back on storage’s power consumption can lower energy bills resulting in cost savings.
“The IT manager has traditionally been focused on scalability and performance when making his purchasing decision leaving the facilities manager to worry about space and energy requirements. Organizations need to take a holistic approach and carefully examine how every facet of their data center can play a role in improving their environmental impact-and lowering escalating power consumption levels” said Natarajan Viswanathan, VP and MD of Hitachi Data Systems, India.
Go Green to Reduce Costs
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- How Is Data Masking Done?
- For AWS, Artificial Intelligence Is The Way Forward
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services